Welcome back lovely bloggers, crafters and friends.... I hope you are all warm and dry....
As my regular visitors will know, I have really gotten into the 'alternative/darker' side of crafting.
Although I have only just started exploring this kind of stuff, I LOVE it!!!! I have gone out and purchased lots of new images and papers etc and I am addicted to colouring.
I think what I love about this kind of crafting, is you can play with colours and things that you wouldn't normally be able to do with mainstream images and makes.
I have gotten so messy with inks and mica and sanding... it's so freeing being able to play and experiment and know that it will work, even if it goes a little wrong (boy do I go wrong a lot) lol
Well enough waffle, I suppose I should show you what I have made.......
For this card, I have used an image from The Stamping Chef 'on cloud 9'. This image is quite cutsie with the heart bubbles and the fluffy cloud, however I tried to make it a bit more Naughty and Darker by having blood drips from the bubbles and the colours used.
For the colouring, I have used WHSmiths coloring pencils.
The black backing card is cordinations card srock with sanded edging to show red through.
The harlequin paper was distressed, but I also wanted to have it work with the other colours, so I coloured some of the diaminds with red and grey.
I have distressed the edges of the image and harlequin paper with a tim holtz distressing tool.
The heart I freehand ripped, punched holes and added eyelets. I threaded thin red ribbon, to give it a sexy corset look.
I had so much fun making this card as it is sexy and dark and makes me think of tattooed burlesque dancers.
I would like to enter this into the "PunkYouGirl" challenge Hearts & Harlequins. http://punkyougirl.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/challenge-9-hearts-harlequins-and-dt.html
I would also like to apply for a place on their Design Team. As I said, I haven't been making this kind of stuff for long, but I am very passionate about crafting and this style is a huge passion of mine now.
My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
I would also like to enter this card into the following challenges:
1. The Stamping Chef - Challenge #15 Anything Goes
2. Addicted To Stamping - Challenge #75 Hearts
3. Challenges 4 Everybody - Challenge #38 Anything Goes
4. Glitter n Sparkle - Challenge #71 Valentines/Add Some Red
5. Scribble and Scrap - Challenge #11 Always Anything Goes
6. One Crazy Stamper - February Anything Goes Challenge
7. Through The Craftroom Door - February Challenge
8. Papertake Weekly Challenge - Anything Goes
9. Craftitude 'Paper Crafting With Attitude' - Anything Goes or Valentines/Love
10. Quoth The Raven Nevermore - Valentine, How doth I loveth thee
11. Crafty Girl Challenges - Challenge #11 Anything Goes
Thank you so much for your visits and lovely feedback you leave me..... my followers and commenters are very important to me...